The Netherlands 2022The Netherlands is our Country of the Year 2022.At an industrial, institutional, research, capacity building, visionary and collaborative level, the Netherlands is exemplary across the bioenergy and bioeconomy fields.We look forward to bringing you more soon ….
The conference programme covers 4 tracks dedicated to biogas/biomethane/bioNGV, biobased construction materials, biobased plastics and packaging, biochemicals, biochar, green hydrogen, advanced biofuels, CCU and the decarbonization of heavy industry.
4 conference rooms with simultaneous translation will be freely accessible to participants all over the two days.
The programme schedule will be published in early November and the detailed programme by the end of November.
The programme main themes are:
- Solid bioenergy: biomass and wood-energy, agricultural co-products, srf, co-generation, district and industrial heating and cooling, renewable green gas.
- Liquid bioenergy: biofuels for the road, maritime and aviation transport sectors
- Gaseous bioenergy: biogas, biomethane, bioNGV, green hydrogen for local consumption or broader distribution
- Biobased materials and products: materials and products derived from the biosphere as opposed to the geosphere (fossil), e.g. bioplastics, biochemicals, biomaterials, biopharmaceuticals, biotextiles, biocoatings, bioadditives etc.
- Biochar: biochar has a large evolving range of usages from agriculture and soil management, for livestock, water management, construction, biocomposites etc and is one of the few Negative Emissions Technologies as identified by the IPCC. With biochar, large volumes of excess atmospheric CO2 can be extracted and sequestered
- Carbon capture and utilization / storage (CCU/S): capturing and utilising CO2 is a key tool for reducing net future carbon emissions and can equally make a significant contribution to fossil displacement through downstream processing leading to a large range of products (chemical, fuels, materials… the list goes on), the end goal being to achieve a world where all carbon is renewed and the carbon resident in the geosphere (fossil carbon) remains underground..
Study ToursStudy Tours of sites of special interest in and around Nantes will be published here during December.The study tours will take place on Tuesday the 25th January. Participation for free and by pre-registration only.
Innovation competitionThe Innovation Competition is a moment when the endeavors that follow a moment of vision are recognized … and the persistence to see it through is rewarded.It’s the moment when we get to see what innovation is going to bring about change and which companies will be the future trend setters.Don’t miss the prize giving ceremony. More details to follow.