Bio360 Expo is an international meeting place for people and organisations who are engaged in and committed to accelerating the biotransition.
Because time is so short and there is so little room for trial and error, the imperative to knowledge share and collaborate could not be more pressing.
Through its international exhibition and conference programme, Bio360 Expo does all in its power to be a platform where 1+1=3, where innovative collaborations are conceived, where success builds on success, enabling us to get there quicker.
A crossroads for the worlds of agriculture, forestry and wood, public bodies and decision makers, bioindustry players, energy, research institutions, associations and pan-industry bodies, journalism, finance, legal … Bio360 Expo is the place that strives to bring all this together and to serve the transition to a new bioage where future generations can continue to thrive, sustainably.
In a nutshell
In a nutshell, Bio360 Expo comprises a large exhibition, a comprehensive international conference programme with simultaneous translation, study tours, the innovation competition, and more besides:
- Key numbers anticipated for 2022: 8000 participants, 500 exhibitors, 40 countries, 100 international speakers.
- 4 bilingual conference rooms with simultaneous translation
- a panel of global expert speakers
- a rich programme covering a diverse range of topical subjects
- unfettered access to 500 exhibitors from across the planet showcasing some of the world’s most innovative, dedicated and promising solution providers
- the opportunity to engage with some of the leading thinkers and influencers from across the bioeconomy and bioenergy sectors
- industrial sites visits of specail interest in and around the local area
- the innovations of the moment unveiled at the prize giving ceremony of the innovation competition
Bio360 Expo is a multi-disciplinary event with a common thread running throughout, showcasing today’s solutions and tomorrow’s innovations that will transition us from a fossil dependent society to a circular, renewable biosociety.
The event attracts 450-500 international exhibitors making Bio360 Expo a genuine point of exchange for global bioknowhow, including:- Solid bioenergy: biomass and wood-energy, solid waste recovery, forestry and agricultural co-products for co/tri-generation, district and industrial heating, and renewable green gas.- Liquid bioenergy: liquid biofuels for the road, maritime and aviation transport sectors- Gaseous bioenergy: biogas, biomethane, bioNGV, green hydrogen for local consumption or broader distribution- Biobased materials and products: bioplastics, biochemicals, biomaterials, biopharmaceuticals, biotextiles, biocoatings, bioadditives etc.- Biochar: biochar has a large evolving range of usages from agriculture and soil management, for livestock, water management, construction, biocomposites …- Carbon capture and utilization / storage (CCU/S)*: capturing and utilising CO2 for chemicals, fuels, feed, materials…
2020 - an exceptional year for Bio360 Expo
Bio360 Expo posted record attendance figures at the 2020 edition in Nantes on 30-31 January :
- an overall 7% increase in participant attendance, up from 6500 in 2019 to over 7000 professionals in 2020
- a 30% increase in exhibitors, up from 343 to more than 450 exhibiting companies
The 2020 edition was equally noteworthy for a significant broadening of the thematic coverage of the event to encompass all aspects of bioenergy and the bioeconomy.
At the same time, the birth of the new name Bio360 Expo (representing a fusion of our three historical events Biogaz Europe, Bois Energie and Regen Europe), creates a single identity around which to galvanise the collective effort to transition from a fossil to a bio-society. It provides a platform to examine and optimise the application of agricultural and forestry resources for sustainable bioenergy and a biobased future…