The exhibition, covering an extensive 12 000m2 in the prestigious XXL hall, provides an outstanding opportunity to meet an exceptional range of solution providers from across the bioenergy, BECCU/S, biochar and bio/renewable construction materials spectrums, amongst the 450 plus exhibitors from more than 35 countries.
Conference Program 2023 : overview and broad themes
Relive the 2023 Conferences ...
Detailed Program : access here
Conference Replays : access here
Conference Presentations : download below (available by day / room)
The broad themes ...
- Solid bioenergy: biomass and wood-energy, agricultural co-products, srf, co-generation, district and industrial heating and cooling, renewable green gas (green hydrogen, synthesis methane, synthesis gas)
- Liquid bioenergy: biofuels for the road, maritime and aviation transport sectors
- Gaseous bioenergy: biogas, biomethane, bioNGV, green hydrogen for local consumption or broader distribution
- Biobased and renewable materials for construction : CCU (capture and utilisation of CO2), biochar, algae and/or rapeseed residues uses in concrete; biochar or lignin as a substitute for fossil bitumen to bind asphalt; lignin or CCU for the manufacture of high-performance foams for doors and window frames; hemp for insulation among other innovative solutions for a healthy, low-carbon / carbon negative built environment
- Biochar: biochar has a large evolving range of usages from agriculture and soil management, for livestock, water management, construction, biocomposites etc and is one of the few Negative Emissions Technologies as identified by the IPCC. With biochar, large volumes of excess atmospheric CO2 can be extracted and sequestered
- Carbon capture and utilization / storage (CCU/S): capturing and utilising CO2 is a key tool for reducing net future carbon emissions and can equally make a significant contribution to fossil displacement through downstream processing leading to a large range of products (chemical, fuels, materials… the list goes on), the end goal being to achieve a world where all carbon is renewed and the carbon resident in the geosphere (fossil carbon) remains underground.
Simultaneous translation english/french is offered through-out the entire conference program and across the 2 days but please be sure to bring your earphones along with your mobile phone and a spare external battery pack. On site you can access the simultaneous translation by scanning a QR code which involves no download or software installation on your mobile device but allows you to switch seamlessly between English and French via a dedicated platform. The data stream is audio only and is designed to be very light on power consumption, however we strongly recommend you to fully charge your phone before you arrive and to bring a fully charged external battery pack.
There will be no headphones provided on site, so to access the simultaneous translation, you need to please bring all of the above.
Study Tours of sites of special interest in and around Nantes will be published here in January. Destinations will include wood energy and biomass installations, synthetic methane production and biogas installations with biomethane upgrading, cogeneration and orc.
The study tours will take place on Tuesday the 7th February.
Participation for free and by pre-registration only.
The Innovation Competition is a moment when the endeavors that follow a moment of vision are recognized … and the persistence to see it through is rewarded. It’s the moment when we get to see what innovation is going to bring about change and which companies will be the future trend setters.
Discover the Award Winners for 2023 here.