The conferences are freely accessible to all the visitors.
Simultaneous translation english/french is offered through-out the entire conference programme and across the 2 days but please be sure to bring your earphones along with your mobile phone and a spare external battery pack. On site you can access the simultaneous translation by scanning a QR code which involves no download or software installation on your mobile device but allows you to switch seamlessly between English and French via a dedicated platform. The data stream is audio only and is designed to be very light on power consumption, however we strongly recommend you to fully charge your phone before you arrive and to bring a fully charged external battery pack.
There will be no headphones provided on site, so to access the simultaneous translation, you need to please bring all of the above.
The broad themes
- Solid bioenergy: biomass and wood-energy, agricultural co-products, srf, co-generation, district and industrial heating and cooling, renewable green gas (green hydrogen, synthesis methane, synthesis gas)
- Liquid bioenergy: biofuels for the road, maritime and aviation transport sectors
- Gaseous bioenergy: biogas, biomethane, bioNGV, green hydrogen for local consumption or broader distribution
- Biobased materials and products: materials and products derived from the biosphere as opposed to the geosphere (fossil), e.g. bioplastics, biochemicals, biomaterials, biopharmaceuticals, biotextiles, biocoatings, bioadditives etc.
- Biochar: biochar has a large evolving range of usages from agriculture and soil management, for livestock, water management, construction, biocomposites etc and is one of the few Negative Emissions Technologies as identified by the IPCC. With biochar, large volumes of excess atmospheric CO2 can be extracted and sequestered
- Carbon capture and utilization / storage (CCU/S): capturing and utilising CO2 is a key tool for reducing net future carbon emissions and can equally make a significant contribution to fossil displacement through downstream processing leading to a large range of products (chemical, fuels, materials… the list goes on), the end goal being to achieve a world where all carbon is renewed and the carbon resident in the geosphere (fossil carbon) remains underground.
The Netherlands 2022
The Netherlands is the Country of the Year 2022.
At an industrial, institutional, research, capacity building, visionary and collaborative level, the Netherlands is exemplary across the bioenergy and bioeconomy fields. >Visit the Netherlands Pavilions to discover more (stands F29, F30 and F36).
Study Tours of sites of special interest in and around Nantes will be published here during February. Destinations will include wood energy and biomass installations, synthetic methane production and biogas installations with biomethane upgrading, cogeneration and orc.
The study tours will take place on Tuesday the 29th March.
Participation for free and by pre-registration only.
The Innovation Competition is a moment when the endeavors that follow a moment of vision are recognized … and the persistence to see it through is rewarded. It’s the moment when we get to see what innovation is going to bring about change and which companies will be the future trend setters.
Discover the 2022 Award Winners here.